Meet Senior Sales Engineer Craig Goettig

How long have you worked at Ontrack?

I am coming up on my one year anniversary at the end of April.

What makes Ontrack different from its competitors?

Ontrack has been pioneers in the data recovery business going back 34 years.  We do not use off the shelf products to perform data recovery.  Instead, we build our own tools and are able to leverage those tools to perform very complex recoveries in some other the largest and most technically advanced enterprise storage systems.

Where do you see data recovery going in the future?

 I think the biggest change for data recovery in the future will be the media itself that we will need to process.  The transition from traditional spinning hard drives to solid-state drives was huge.  In the future, I see media continuing to have large shifts to newer architectures like storage class memory.

What is your best Ontrack story?

I don’t have one single story that stands out as much as a recurring thing that happens when I go onsite with customers and partners.  I get to hear some of the best success stories from around the globe.  I was in Barcelona and ran into a guy whose stepbrother used our services and saved his company after a devastating fire.  Another customer explained a situation where his co-worker deleted a business critical virtual machine and watched the life drain from his face when he realized what had happened. Fortunately, Ontrack was able to save the day.  With 50,000 data recoveries a year at Ontrack, I get to hear some really great success stories.

Why do you think Ontrack is such a great place to work?

Easy question, the people.  I have a passion for learning new things and am given opportunities to learn advanced data recovery techniques from my highly technical colleagues.  We respect each other and have high expectations for the team and as a result, we challenge each other. That makes the team and the services we provide even better, but it definitely starts with the people.

What’s your favorite film?

This question is much harder than the previous.  I’m going to supply my short list:  Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Shawshank Redemption, and Anchorman

What’s your favorite food?

Medium-Rare ribeye steak

What are your hobbies?

Anything outdoors: Hunting, Fishing/Ice fishing, Snowmobiling, cruising on the motorcycle

 



from the Data Recovery Blog by Ontrack http://bit.ly/2Diom2n